| DOG OBEDIENCE CLASS GUIDELINES
• Exercise your dog to prevent accidents. You are responsible for cleaning up after your dog.
Please use designated outside area and carry baggies!
• All dogs must be on leash. A six-foot leather or fabric leash, a buckle collar or chain training
collar are preferred. NO chain leashes/harnesses, electronic collars or electronic training devices
• If your female dog comes in season, attend class without her. You may observe any time
without your dog and receive attendance credit.
• The instructor reserves the right to dismiss any dog that is a repeated nuisance or threat to
others. Private lessons may be recommended.
• Class fees are non-refundable. There are no refunds, adjustments or make-ups for missed
classes. Two consecutive absences will result in dismissal.
• Each dog owner is directly responsible for the actions of his/her dog. Anticipate your dog’s
reactions and do not allow him to “visit” other dogs.
• The same person who is going to handle the dog in class should do the home practice. Youth
handlers must be 16 yrs old with parent permission.
• Remember: Patience, practice and praise go together in dog training. You are teaching new
behaviors to replace undesirable ones. Be positive!
• You will be notified by phone if class is cancelled and a make-up date given.
• Class time is for you and your dog. Guests and children are welcome if they can remain quietly
at the sidelines. **Please turn off all cell-phones**
• We require proof of current vaccinations. Please bring a copy of your dog’s veterinary record
to the first class.
I look forward to helping you have a better canine companion both at home and in public settings. If
you have any training related questions, please call me.
Sandra Ling, Instructor ~ Suburban Dog Training LLC